A renowned Swiss luxury retail brand, with presence across India through multiple business models including dealerships, exclusive partnerships and e-commerce.
The client engaged Perusal Global to identify gaps and critical problem areas at its exclusive partnership lifestyle travel retail chain comprising 19 stores located in the premium shopping malls of eight major Indian cities. We were entrusted to provide actionable insights to the management to enable them for taking corrective measures. Our study included understanding the primary reason of the subdued product sales at its retail chain across the country, validating the feedback of customers, understanding the on-the-ground feel at its stores, measuring the luxury experience quotient of customers and identifying gaps at its lifestyle travel retail chain outlets.
- We discussed and assessed the problem areas with the client and crafted a comprehensive mystery shopping exercise to be conducted by an in-house team of four people, having an experience of about 5-10 years in primary research and financial research.
- We evaluated the 19 stores on a range of parameters including store appearance, visual merchandise, product display, product placement, premiumness quotient, stock adequacy, salesperson grooming, salesperson etiquettes and communication skills, salesperson interaction and behavior, product knowledge of the salesperson, customer experience, customer service, billing experience and after sales experience offered to the customers.
- Additionally, we benchmarked the store performance with other close competitors and tested the functionality of the client’s internal procedures and SOPs at the store level.
- After collecting information, filtering and analyzing it, a detailed report/presentation, stating the key findings which are unbiased, independent and reliable, was shared with the client along with a set of actionable insights for each of these outlets.
Our mystery shopping findings helped the client immensely in understanding the gap between what they want to deliver and what the customers are getting in terms of customer experience.
Some of the key benefits to the client included:
- Enhanced visual merchandise
- Creation of comprehensive sales training programme
- Higher customer retention
- Enhanced customer service and satisfaction
- A better understanding of the competitive landscape to gain an advantage in the marketplace
- Monitored and measured service performance
- Low-cost endeavor to evaluate the on-ground business performance
- Early identification of potential problem areas
- Investment Research
- Business Research